Our gazebo may be reserved for small gatherings of fewer than 50 people on a first come, first served basis via our reservation calendar here.
The gazebo is available during normal park hours and may be reserved for a maximum of two hours. Set-up and clean-up must be done within the two-hour block allotted to each reservation holder.
A donation of $200 to The Friends of Washington Market Park is suggested for use of the gazebo. All donations are tax-deductible and help to fund free community events as well as beautification projects in Washington Market Park.
Gatherings of 20 or fewer people require a reservation with the Friends of Washington Market Park.
Gatherings of 20 to 50 people require a reservation with us, as well as a Special Events Permit from the NYC Parks Department. Be advised: their approval turnaround is between 3-6 weeks.
Gazebo Rules of Use
The following terms and conditions must be followed when holding an event at the Gazebo:
- ***If your Gazebo event will include 20-50 people, inclusive of children, you are required to obtain a Special Events Permit from the NYC Parks Department. Allow 3-6 weeks to acquire the permit.***
- Alcoholic beverages and amplified music are not allowed in the park.
- Petting zoos are prohibited.
- You may bring chairs and tables into the gazebo. Please remove them at the end of your event. The picnic tables adjacent to the gazebo are not included in your gazebo reservation. Please allow other park visitors to use the picnic tables.
- Please do not allow children to pick flowers, damage the gardens, or go to the bathroom anywhere within the park other than in the public restrooms in the northwest corner of the park.
- No admittance fees may be charged for your Gazebo event in the park, and the use of the Gazebo for any commercial enterprise (selling merchandise, promoting a private business venture, etc.) is prohibited without applying for and receiving a Vendor’s License from the NYC Parks Department.
- Blankets, chairs and strollers are not permitted on the lawn of Washington Market Park.
- Please do not use tape on the Gazebo. Balloons and other decorations may be secured with string. Please completely remove any decorations after your event.
- Please allow sufficient time to leave the Gazebo area clean. Remember your time allotment includes set-up and clean-up. Please bring a garbage bag for your trash and leave it next to the garbage can at the gazebo.
- Kindly let us know if you no longer require the Gazebo; others may wish to reserve it. Please note that there are no donation refunds for cancelled or rained-out events. However, we will make every effort to help you reschedule your event.
Violation of these rules may result in permanent loss of future Gazebo privileges.
The Friends of Washington Market Park reserves the right to allocate and/or deny Gazebo access at its discretion.
The Friends of Washington Market Park is not liable for injury or property loss/damage occurring during use of the Gazebo or at any time in the park.